With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Sunday, October 16th
- 8am – Start your Sunday early and run the Greenline Half Marathon at Shelby Farms.
- 12pm – Play trivia and have brunch at Bleu or see the Hughes Art Show at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- 2pm – Watch Ballet Memphis: Next Steps, spend the day at Beans & Bluegrass Festival, or go on a bicycle tour with Elmwood Cemetery.
- 5pm – Celebrate at Huey’s 20th Anniversary Party, knock down some Pins for Pennies at Main Event Entertainment, or go to the Mr. & Miss Mid-South Pride Pageant.
- 8pm – Enjoy some music at Artistik Lounge or watch Billy Wayne Davis‘ comedy show.
- 10pm – End the night with karaoke at Alfred’s on Beale.