With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, October 21st
- 12pm – Start the weekend early and go to the Friends of the Library Fall Book Sale, register and check out the course for St. Jude Ride
- 5pm – Go to the opening reception of Laura J. Lawson: Dépaysement, see new work at Crosstown Arts, bring your pup to Yappy Hour at City & State, or watch Bellator MMA at the FedEx Forum.
- 7pm – Make dinner plans that celebrate Memphis Seafood Week, take a Woodruff Fontaine House Ghost Tour, watch a screening of Hamilton at the Rec Room, head to Levitt Shell for music from The Blind Boys of Alabama, enjoy the free Rockin’ River Arts Show.
- 8pm – Enjoy a comedy show at Second City: Free Speech, party at Mahogany Covergirls: Framed, see Bonnie Raitt at The Orpheum, or catch Marty Stuart at The New Daisy.
Saturday, October 22nd
- 8am – Jumpstart your Saturday by participating in the Chick-fil-A Mid South Bluff City Field Day, get to Shelby Farms early to run the Eden’s Run 5k, or indulge in Wafflemania at Bedrock Eats & Sweets.
- 10am –Spend the day at the Memphis Comic Expo, RiverArtsFest, stop by Collierville Dairy Day, or check out Brantley Ellzey’s SWEET exhibition at Crosstown Arts
- 12pm – Compete in or watch some Underwater Pumpkin Carving, visit the Holiday Market of Memphis at the Agricenter, go on a Greensward Play Date, or take on a Bendy Brewski Yoga Class at Memphis Made.
- 3pm – Meet the Grizzlies’ Chandler Parsons at Stash Home, head to Elmwood Cemetery for their annual Costume Twilight Tour, or enjoy the grand opening celebrations of Big River Crossing.
- 5pm – Stop by and watch some of the movies playing at Day 1 of Pandemonium Cinema Showcase: Spooky Cinema or go on a Midtown Run for St. Jude.
- 7pm – Camp out all night at Shelby Farms’ Boos + Booze, taste some wine at The Pink Tie Wine Affair, listen to TECH N9NE at the New Daisy, or go to Art on Fire at the Dixon.
- 10pm – Listen to Grassfire at Loflin Yard, celebrate Halloween a week early at the Zebra Lounge Masquerade Party, head to Hi Tone for Jungle Boogie, or go to Bar DKDC for All the Colors of the Dark.
Sunday, October 23rd
- 12pm – Hang out at the last day of RiverArtsFest, go to Tamp & Tap’s Bluegrass Brunch, or watch NFL Football at Loflin Yard.
- 2pm – Go to Memphis Influencers Lunch & Networking in Germantown, enjoy more Pandemonium Cinema Showcase: Spooky Cinema, watch a screening of The Shining, or go to Ballet Memphis: Next Steps.
- 5pm – Watch a screening of 5 Broken Cameras: A Film By Emad Burnat, head to the Memphis Zoo for Le Bonheur Zoo Boo, or listen to some tunes at the Harbor Town Amphitheater River Series, or go to Lucchesi’s Pumpkin Carving Party.
- 7pm – Hang out at Sports Junction for a Walking Dead Watch Party, listen to Balkan Beat Box at the Levitt Shell, or see The Ragbirds at Lafayette’s.