Thanksgiving is nigh! If you’re not in the cooking mood, or if you want to go out after you wake up from your afternoon food coma, here’s a running list of places that will be open in Memphis on Thanksgiving.
In this post, you’ll find:
1. Places open for lunch or brunch or at least before 5 p.m
2. Places that don’t open until 5 p.m. or later.
This list is in-progress. I will be updating off and on Nov. 16 and once daily after that, so definitely check back.
Places open in the evening (after 5 p.m.) on Thanksgiving (November 24, 2016)
– Huey’s has several locations open on Thanksgiving: Midtown (6 p.m. – 10 p.m.), Cordova (5 p.m. – 2 a.m.), Poplar Ave. (5 p.m. – 1 a.m.), Germantown (5 p.m. – 1 a.m.)
– Lafayette Music Room in Overton Square will have Beatles N Big Starz with Brandon McGovern and David Smith peforms at 6 p.m. and John Kilzer perform at 9 p.m.
– The Zebra Lounge in Overton Square will be open for normal hours (6 p.m. – 2 a.m. on Thursdays) with live music and no cover.
Most everywhere is open on Black Friday, so I’m not going to list every restaurant in town. If you have somewhere you want to go, just give them a call ahead of time.