Summer begins officially on June 20th. To celebrate we’ve got a huge list of ways to enjoy Memphis this summer.
Pick up seasonal produce from a local farmers market.
Now is the time, and farmers markets are the places to get the freshest, locally sourced produce, meats, and curated goods. Whether you’re in Downtown, Midtown, or Germantown, there’s a farmers market near you with availability weekly or daily, running through the fall or even year-round. Check out locations and more info about all the local markets here.
Enjoy local music.
Throughout the summer, these awesome ongoing concert series will be available for your listening enjoyment:
- Levitt Shell concerts – Midtown (free!)
- Bluesday Tuesday Concerts – Overton Square (donations suggested)
- Sunset on the Square – Collierville (free!)
- Summertime in Soulsville – all over Memphis
- Live at the Garden – Botanic Gardens ($40/ticket)
- Acoustic Courtyard – Overton Square (free!)
- Catch live music, theatre, and more throughout the week at these local spots:
- B.B. King’s Blues Club – Downtown
- The New Daisy – Downtown
- The Hi-Tone – Midtown
- Minglewood Hall – Midtown
- Otherlands – Midtown
- Java Cabana – Midtown
- RockHouse Live – Midtown
- The Cove – Broad Avenue Arts District
- The P & H Cafe (music & comedy) – Midtown
- Loflin Yard – Downtown
- Huey’s Patio Party Series – Various Locations
- Itta Bena – Downtown
- Newby’s – University District
- Celtic Crossing – Midtown
- Orpheum – Downtown
- Playhouse on the Square – Midtown
- Hattiloo Theatre – Midtown
- Theatre Memphis – East Memphis
- Germantown Performing Arts Center – Germantown
- Where to See Comedy – Various
- Voices of the South – Midtown
Sign up for summer camps (for kids AND adults!)
Want to see your kids do a little more than watch T.V. on the couch all day, everyday this summer? Sign them up for one of Memphis’ awesome summer camps. Feeling nostalgic when you drop the kids off for arts camp? Sign yourself up for one, multiple, or all of the DIY Summer Camp sessions hosted by Me & Mrs. Jones! Find out more about all the teen/kids camps here.
Grab peanuts, cracker jacks, and, of course, BBQ nachos at a Redbirds game.
Check out their schedule here and get tickets here or at the box office.
Catch a film as part of a movie series or at the drive-in.
- Orpheum Summer Movie Series | June 2 – August 26
- South Lawn Cinema at the Dixon | June 9 & 23
- Twilight Tuesdays at Beale Street Landing | Various, Free
- Summer Drive-In | 7pm nightly
- Pink Palace’s Giant Theatre | Various
- Indie Memphis Film Screenings | Various
- Black Lodge Video Events | Various, Free
Chill out with one of Memphis’ many frozen treats.
Memphis is full of places to help you beat the heat, from homemade popsicles to iconic snocones to fresh-pressed juice and more.
- Celtic Crossing – new frozen drinks (frozen Irish coffee and Red Bull slushy)
- Maggie Moo’s – ice cream
- Sweet Noshings – gelato (plus gourmet popcorn, candies, and more)
- La Michoacana – ice cream and popsicles
- MEMPops – popsicles
- Jerry’s Sno Cones – snow cones/ice cream (cash only)
- Micco’s Sno Cones – snow cones
- Gracie Bleu Frozen Yogurt – frozen yogurt
- YoLo – frozen yogurt
- U-Swirl Frozen Yogurt – frozen yogurt
- I Love Juice Bar – juice, smoothies, and more
- The Cosmic Coconut – juice, smoothies, and more
Find a pool or wade in the water at a splash park:
- Mud Island River Park
- Kroc Memphis
- Memphis Jewish Community Center
- Rhodes College
- University of Memphis
- City of Memphis Pools (free with ID card)
- Children’s Museum of Memphis
- Johnson Spray Park
- Suggs Spray Park
- Peabody Park
- Island Play at Beale Street Landing (free)
- Bartlett Recreation Center
- Memphis Zoo
- Civic Center Plaza (free)
Find out how much food a food truck trucks if a food truck could truck food… Or something like that.
Behold: all of the Memphis food trucks. Find all their locations and schedules here.
From burgers to margaritas to salsa, Memphis festivals will make this season feel like eternal summertime.
- Juneteenth Urban Music Festival | June 17-19
- Memphis Flyer’s Margarita Festival | June 18 from 3pm-6pm
- Women’s Theatre Festival of Memphis | July 10-16
- Memphis Caribbean Jerk Festival | July 16 from 12pm-9pm
- Best Memphis Burger Fest | August 28 from 10:30am-6pm (also benefitting Memphis Paws, Inc.)
- 2nd Annual FOMOfest | August 6 from 2pm-10pm
- Southern Salsa Festival | August 13 @12pm
- 2nd Annual Mid-South Renaissance Faire | August 20, 21, 27 & 28
- Rock for Love 10 | September 2-4
- Cooper Young Festival| September 17
- Shelby Farms Park
- Bike the Shelby Farms Greenline
- Get RiverFit
- Bike to Dinner
- Take a Memphis Running Tour
- Go Ape at Shelby Farms Park
- Join a free Breakaway run
- Kayak or canoe down the Mississippi
Grab a pint.
Each Memphis brewery has a calendar of events, special tour days, and a rotating food truck schedule.
- High Cotton
- Memphis Made
- Need a growler filled for later? Here’s where you can go.
Learn about Memphis Music
- Take a tour at Sun Studio, Stax, the Blues Hall of Fame, Memphis Music Hall of Fame, the Rock n Soul Museum, the Center for Southern Folklore, the Gibson Guitar Factory, get a new record at Goner Recordsor Shangri-La, and check out a local show on just about any night of the week.
Enjoy the arts.
- South Main Galleries
- Memphis Brooks Museum (free for Memphis residents on Wednesdays, 10am-8pm)
- Dixon Gallery & Garden
- Metal Museum
- Victorian Village
- Crosstown Arts
- Cooper Young Art Galleries
- Broad Avenue Arts District
- Pink Palace Museum
- Find all the murals
Discover your way out of an escape room.
Escape rooms are a type of physical adventure game where people are willingly locked in a room with other participants and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit. Grab some friends and book a room at Memphis Escape Rooms, Broad Escape Rooms, or I Escaped Memphis, and see if you can make it out!
Memphians are known for being generous and hospitable. Here are several ways to volunteer your time or resources to those who need it most this summer:
- Volunteer Memphis
- Volunteer Odyssey
- Alliance for Nonprofit Excellence
- Volunteer with refugees
- More ways to give back
Check out more ideas:
- Visit the Rec Room for video games, local beer, food trucks, and more.
- Start a trivia team
- See Memphis for free
- Watch soccer with friends
- Memphis Culture Crawl
- Try a new restaurant, Donut shop, Coffee shop, or patio
- Go ghost hunting
- Take a free walking tour with Jimmy Ogle
- Check out South Main Trolley Night every last Friday of the month
- Network at Undercurrent’s monthly event
- Start your Memphis photo bucket list
- Check out the Memphis Library and their free programs
- Have a Memphis staycation
- Where to See and Create Art
- Take a workshop at Five in One Social Club