The Bona Fide Blues Festival is back again for 2016 in Overton Square this September 30 and October 1. This family-friendly event is all about celebrating the Mid-South’s blues heritage by showcasing today’s blues and blues-influenced musicians.
Here’s the Bona Fide Blues Fest by the numbers:
- 1 – One of the stages – the Tower Courtyard – will host free outdoor shows during the festival.
- 2 – The two day festival will take place September 30 – October 1 at the Overton Square Tower Courtyard, Lafayette’s Music Room, and Blue Monkey Midtown.
- $25 – Tickets are $25 before August 31 for both the Friday and Saturday Lafayette’s and Blue Monkey shows.
- 30 – There are more than 30 blues acts scheduled to perform.
- $30 – Tickets for the Friday and Saturday shows go up to $30 after August 31.
- $100 – For $100 VIP tickets, you can get a year long membership to the Memphis Blues Society along with your wristband for both nights, plus entry to the VIP party at Bar Louise on Thursday, Sept. 29.
- 100 – All the musicians come strictly from a 100-mile-radius.