Whether you head east or west on Interstate 40 over the next month, you can track down a couple of entertaining wine events. The first one is next weekend, Feb. 10-12, when the Upper Cumberland Wine Trail is putting on a special Valentine’s Chocolate Lover’s Wine Trail among all eight wineries of the trail, around the Crossville area.
Tickets for the event are $30 and include a souvenir wine glass and tasty dessert bites at each winery. The regular tasting policies will still be in effect, meaning that wineries that charge for tastings will still be charging, but check out the chocolate treats you’ll be able to enjoy:
Meanwhile, on the west side of the state, our friends in Memphis have planned a new event they are calling Vintage901, three days of food, wine and culture, benefiting the Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis, on March 10-12. Each day of the festival has a different focus with live music featured throughout the weekend.
Here’s the schedule from the official announcement:
Friday, March 10
- Perfect Pairings
- 6 to 10 p.m.
- Our Grand Sommelier, Laurie Forster, will present the opening toast at the start of a three-course dinner designed to experience the perfect pairings. Dinner will be provided by Restaurant Iris. Entertainment will be provided by international jazz artist Monty Alexander.
- Halloran Centre for Performing Arts and Education
- 225 South Main St.
- Memphis, TN 38103
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- The Grand Tasting
- 1 to 5 p.m.
- The Grand Tasting will feature wine tasting with selections prepared by Grand Sommelier Laurie Forster. Food demonstrations, food trucks and vendors will be onsite at the Creative Arts Building on Tiger Lane. Entertainment will be provided by a salsa group from Atlanta: Willie Ziavino and the C.O.T. Band.
- The Creative Arts Building
- (Liberty Bowl Stadium and Fairgrounds)
- 2375 Tiger Lane South
- Memphis, TN 38104
Sunday, March 12, 2017
- The Sparkling Brunch
- Noon to 2 p.m.
- The Sparkling Brunch is the closing event for Vintage901. The FedEx Event Center at Shelby Farms on the Lake is where world-traveled,Memphis Stax Academy jazz instructor Stephen Lee and trio will perform.
- FedEx Event Center at Shelby Farms
- 415 Greatview Drive East
- Cordova, TN 38018
A three-day pass to Vintage901 is $375 and includes access to all three events. Tickets are also available a la carte for each day: $225 for Friday’s Perfect Pairing, $87.50 for Saturday’s Grand Tasting and $87.50 for Sunday’s Sparkling Brunch. You can pick up your tickets at the Vintage901 website.