With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, February 24th
- 6pm – Check out the Meredith Olinger Art Show, Canvases Art Auction benefiting Midsouth Sober Living, Breaking Barriers, stop by Trolley Night on South Main, catch live music at Celtic Crossing, go to Movies & Martinis Finale (Pay What You Want) at Baobab Filmhouse or Stax/Volt Tour: Part 1 “Celebrating Stax History” at Minglewood Hall
- 7pm – Go to Melissa Greener’s House Concert at Folk All Y’all, Beyonce’s “Lemonade” Viewing, music and comedy at The New Daisy, South Main Sounds Songwriter Night #49, the 8th Annual Brew Movement Against Multiple Sclerosis, or Jazz in the Box presents Joyce Cobb at GPAC
- 10pm – Enjoy live music at Lafayette’s or Loflin Yard
Sunday, February 26th
- 12pm – Enjoy brunch at Ghost River, Lafayette’s, or Bosco’s
- 2pm – See Good People or check out Lara Hope and the Arktones at Crosstown Arts
- 3pm – Enjoy Crawfish Sundays at Growlers and stop by Johnny Cash’s 85th Birthday Party or a Mardi Gras Pawty & Benefit
- 3:30pm – Experience From Africa to the World: The Black Impact On Memphis or go to Jazz-A-F!RE
- 5pm – Play bingo at Loflin Yard or unlimited pinball at Memphis Made
- 8pm – Catch live music at Huey’s or see Dead Soldiers at BAR DKDC