Satisfy any late night craving with this handy list of Memphis restaurants and bars:
Insomnia Cookies, Photo: Audrey Chaney
- Insomnia Cookies (Open until 3am daily) – 545 South Highland – University District
Get warm cookies until 3am or get them delivered if you are within the delivery range. Ice cold milk and ice cream is also available.
- Ubee’s (11am-3am) 521 S. Highland St – University District
- Newby’s (11am – 3am) 539 S Highland – University District
- The Bluff – Open until 3am daily – 535 South Highland – University District
Catch live music, watch Grizz or Tiger games on multiple TVs, and grab a pint or a cocktail at one of the bars.
- E’s Cafe – (open 24 hours!) – 1308 Union Ave., 4969 Park Ave., 3139 Poplar Ave.
Nothing fancy, but the coffee is strong and the food is hot.
- Pancake Shop (Open until midnight Sun) -Thurs, Open 24 hours Fri-Sun) – 4838 Summer Ave – East Memphis
Again, nothing fancy, but the service is friendly and the pancakes are fluffy. Cash only. ATM available.
- Marlowe’s Ribs & Restaurant (4pm-3am) 4381 Elvis Presley Blvd – East Memphis
- Frida’s Restaurante Mexicano (11am-11pm) 1718 Madison Ave – Midtown
Frida’s features a huge selection of items such as burritos, fajitas, nachos, tacos, enchiladas, and more with varieties of beers and margaritas to accompany your meal. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Bayou Bar & Grill (11am-2am) 2094 Madison Ave – Midtown
- Yum’s Chinese Carry Out (11am-11pm) 782 S. Highland St – University District
With Chinese food, hot and cold subs, wings, fried shrimp, and more, Yum’s is sure to have what you’re looking for. Check out their Facebook here.
- Bangkok Alley (5pm – 10:30pm) 715 W. Brookhaven Cr – East Memphis / 121 Union Ave – Downtown / 2150 W. Poplar Ave – Collierville
With three locations of their Thai fusion and sushi, your late night cravings will always be satisfied. Bangkok Alley has various curry dishes, vegetarian options (including pad thai, of course), seafood, Thai inspired soups and salads, stir fry noodles and meat dishes, fried rice, and more. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Curry Bowl (9am-10:30pm) 4141 Hacks Cross Rd – Collierville
Curry Bowl offers a complete menu of classic Indian food such as aloo gobi, paneer tikka masala, and various curries, as well as an Indo-Chinese selection.
- Gibson’s Donuts (24 hours) – 760 Mt. Moriah Rd – East Memphis
Adored by all Memphians, tourists, and Alton Brown, Gibson’s will melt your heart with their heaven-sent, sugary, fried pillows of dough. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Young Avenue Deli (11am-3am) 2119 Young Ave – Midtown
- Patrick’s East Memphis Restaurant, Bar, & Patio (11am-11:30) 4972 Park Ave – East Memphis
- Celtic Crossing Irish Pub (11am-3am) 903 S. Cooper St – Midtown
Eat Irish pub fare, such as Scottish eggs, corned beef sandwiches, fish and chips, and more, inside or on their outdoor patio with drinks, music, and dancing. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Memphis Pizza Cafe (11am-10pm at Midtown and East Memphis locations) 2087 Madison Ave – Midtown / 5061 Park Ave – East Memphis
- Lafayette’s Music Room (11am – 10pm) 2119 Madison Ave – Midtown
- Earnestine and Hazel’s (5pm – 3am) 531 S Main – Downtown
Take a trip to this dive bar full of burgers, beer, and Memphis soul. Check out their Facebook here.
- Flight Restaurant and Wine Bar (4:45pm – 10:30pm) 39 S. Main St – Downtown
Sample Flight’s unique way of dishing up high quality food in smaller portions by sets of three, allowing you to try multiple dishes at once. For example, the seafood flight includes scallop benedict, shrimp and grits, and lobster gnocchi. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Silky O’Sullivan’s (11am – 12am) 183 Beale St – Downtown
Grab classic pub food with a Memphis twist, such as BBQ, burgers, ribs, tamales, and more at Silky’s. Check out their Facebook here.
- Huey’s (11am-2:30am) 77 S. 2nd St – Downtown / 1927 Madison Ave – Midtown / 4872 Poplar Ave – East Memphis
- Bardog Tavern (11am-3am) 73 Monroe Ave – Downtown
Bardog is a 21+ spot with elevated bar food, such as mussels and New York strip, as well as simplistic options, such as sliders and chicken tenders, in a jukebox driven atmosphere. Enjoy late, great food and cold drinks at Bardog Tavern. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Blues City Cafe (11am-5am) 138 Beale St – Downtown
Take yourself back in time with this cultivation of rock ‘n’ roll and blues. Specializing in soul food, BCC is most known for their tamales, steak, seafood and BBQ ribs. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Westy’s (10am – 3am) 346 N. Main – Downtown
Westy’s offers a seemingly neverending menu of strong Southern fare with fried baskets of shrimp, catfish, chicken strips and more, chicken ‘n’ dumplings, chicken or seafood gumbo, wild rice entrees, a huge variety of burgers and sandwiches, ribs, and even tamales. Check out their Facebook here.
- B.B. King’s Blues Club (11am-2am) 143 Beale St – Downtown
- Rum Boogie Cafe (11am-2am) 182 Beale St – Downtown
- Loflin Yard – (Wed – Thurs open until 11pm, Fri & Sat open until 1am, Sun open until 10pm) – 7 W. Carolina Ave – Downtown
Enjoy a barrel aged cocktail, order food from the patio window, enjoy a fire pit, live music, yard games, and more.
- The Majestic Grille (Open until 10pm on weeknights, 11pm on Fri & Sat) – 145 S. Main St – Downtown
Take in Majestic’s unique, chilled atmosphere while enjoying an old-fashioned movie playing on the wall. Try their famous flatbreads, crab cakes, sandwiches, steak, and more with a glass of wine, beer, or a cocktail. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Kooky Canuck (11am-12am) 87 S. 2nd St – Downtown / 1250 N. Germantown Pkwy – Cordova
Most known for their legendary monstrosity of a burger, the King Kookamonga, Kooky Canuck dishes out classic American food with Memphis influences, including wings, fried green tomatoes, BBQ nachos, salads, burgers upon burgers upon burgers, sandwiches, steak, catfish, and skillet-sized desserts, such as brownies and peach cobbler. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Aldo’s Pizza Cafe (11am-11pm) 100 S. Main – Downtown / 752 S. Cooper – Midtown
- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium (11am-2am) 130 Peabody Place – Downtown / 1400 N. Germantown Pkwy – Cordova
With over 200+ international craft beers and elevated pub food, such as fish and chips, roast beef and reuben sandwiches, and chips with queso, the Flying Saucer offers the classic late-night tavern atmosphere. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Dyer’s Burgers (11am-5am) 205 Beale St – Downtown
Dyer’s has been serving famously greasy, delicious burgers since 1912. Today, they’re still cooking up those same, timeless burgers with or without cheese, single, double or triple stacked, along with chicken tenders, hot dogs, fries (with the option of chili-cheese), old-fashioned “soda jerk” Coke floats, shakes, and more. Check out their Facebook here.
- LOCAL Gastropub (11am – 3am) 95 S. Main St – Downtown / 2126 Madison Ave – Midtown
With locations in downtown and midtown, LOCAL is there for your late night pub wants with craft bar food and a variety of beer, whiskey, and wine. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- South of Beale (Open until midnight) – 361 S Main St – Downtown
Recognized by Food Network, SOB serves up unique Southern inspired bar food such as fried chicken and waffle sliders, catfish and chips, fried oysters, shrimp and pimento cheese grits, and more in an eclectic atmosphere. Check out their Facebook here and Twitter here.
- Rizzo’s Diner (5pm – 10pm) 492 S Main St – Downtown
Fuel your soul with rustic, Southern inspired cuisine with items such as a lobster pronto pub, cheeseburger soup, chorizo meatloaf, braised short rib with mac ‘n’ cheese, cajun chicken pot pie, and more. Check out their Facebook here.
- Broadway Pizza (Open until 10pm on weeknights, midnight on Fri & Sat) – 2581 Broad Ave/629 S Mendenhall – Midtown/East Memphis
- Rec Room (open until midnight Sun-Thurs, 2am on Fri & Sat) – 3000 Broad Ave – Midtown
Play arcade games, rent a “living room”, enjoy cocktails or a beer from the bar, or hang out on the patio.
- Ching’s Hot Wings (11am – 10pm) 1264 Getwell Rd – East Memphis
- Folk’s Folly Prime Steak House (5:30pm – 10pm) 551 S Mendenhall Rd – East Memphis
- Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant (11am – 10pm) 2600 Poplar Ave #115 – East Memphis
Existing as one of Memphis’ only Ethiopian restaurants, Abyssinia transports its customers to Africa with beef, lamb, and vegetarian dishes such as sambusas, kik alicha, and kitfo. Check out their Facebook here.
- Babalu Tacos & Tapas (11am – 10pm/11pm on Saturdays) 2115 Madison Ave – Midtown
Start with fresh, table-side guacamole and enjoy a burger or sandwich, a sample of tacos, or share tapas with friends and family at Babalu. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Pyro’s Fire Fresh Pizza (10:30am – 10pm) 2035 Union Ave – Midtown / 1199 Ridgeway Rd – East Memphis / 2286 N. Germantown Pkwy – Cordova / 3592 S. Houston Levee Rd – Collierville
- LBOE (11am – 12am) 2021 Madison Ave – Midtown
- Half Shell (11am – 3am) – 688 S Mendenhall Rd – East Memphis
Voted “Best Seafood in Memphis” for the past 40 years, Half Shell offers weekly specials with Southern and cajun influences including items such as fried muffaletta sliders, salmon cakes, and fried catfish. Check out their Facebook here.
- Alchemy (Open until 11pm) – 940 S Cooper St – Midtown
Alchemy features tapas-style American food with dishes such as bacon wrapped stuffed figs, crab cake salad, chorizo hushpuppies, fish tacos, and more along with hand-crafted cocktails. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Railgarten (Diner open until 2am daily, Ping Pong Bar open until midnight on weekdays, 2am Fri & Sat – 2166 Central Ave – Midtown
This new development features a boutique ice cream parlor, diner, ping pong emporium and hideaway cocktail bar along with live music and yard games.
- Onix (Open until 10pm on weekdays, midnight Fri & Sat) – 1680 Madison Avenue – Midtown
Onix offers dinner and a show with live music to accompany your soul food. Check out their Facebook here.
- Belly Acres (11am – 10pm) 2102 Trimble Pl – Midtown
- Schweinehaus (11am – 12am) 2110 Madison Ave – Midtown
Relatively new to the scene, Schweinehaus serves up German fixings including chicken schnitzel, wursts, spatzel, and more along with a variety of beer, wine, cocktails, and shots. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Zebra Lounge (Open until 2am M-F, 3am Sat) – 2114 Trimble Pl. – Midtown
Chill out at this piano lounge with a cocktail from the bar and live music every night.
- Hog & Hominy (5pm – midnight on Fri/Sat) 707 Brookhaven Circle – East Memphis
Hog & Hominy merges Italian cuisine with Southern charm, creating buffalo pork tails, poutine, sweetbreads, acclaimed pizzas (crowd favorite being the Red Eye), indulgent desserts, and more. Full dinner menu available Friday & Saturday until midnight with nightly specials. Check out their Facebook here, Instagram here, and Twitter here.
- Restaurant Iris (5pm – 10pm) 2146 Monroe Ave – Midtown
Restaurant Iris, widely recognized by national magazines such as Food & Wine and the Food Network magazine, Chef Kelly English invents new French-Creole menus frequently to highlight the freshest, local ingredients in season. Some menu items may include foie gras, short ribs, grilled lamb, shrimp and grits, and more.