With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Saturday, May 13
- 6am – Start your day at the Bluff City 10K or the JLM 5k then stop by the Sweet On Mom Farmer’s Market Day
- 9am – Don’t miss the Latino Memphis Festival (with a free shuttle) or go to the Dog-A-Roo Festival + 4K or the 14th Annual Maria Montessori School Duck Race and Regatta
- 10:30 – Celebrate Mom at Super Soul Brunch Mom Edition or go to the Memphis Airshow
- 12pm – Get Mom a cool gift at Small Shop ft Pretty Useful Co., take her to the Inaugural Memphis Local Music Festival or the Tails of Jubilee Crawfish Boil, experience the Cuisine of Colombia, see the US Navy Fleet Forces Brass Quintet at the Brooks Museum, or spend the afternoon at the Memphis Greek Festival
- 1pm – See the Spring Concert by IRIS Orchestra, go to the Really Really Free Market In Binghampton, benefit a great cause at the RIBS Night at Memphis Made Brewing Co, or go to the 1st Annual Paper Airplane Derby
- 2pm – Try a brand new beer at Berliner Weisse Beach Party: Syrups and Snow Cones or take the kids to Bicycle Storytime and How to Ride class
- 3pm – See the School or Rock perform The Soundtrack Show, go to an Old Dominick Tasting, or take the kids to play at the brand new Riverplay Pop Up Park
- 5pm – Take the kids to Movies on Merton (Cookout and Outdoor Movie Night), celebrate a great cause at Memphis Feminist Collective Turns 3!, or experience Shimmy Mob and World Belly Dance Day
- 6pm – Go to Bluegrass in the Beer Garden, see The Hern Brothers Live at Ghost River Taproom, Eric Peters House Concert, or Redbirds Postgame Fireworks
- 7pm – Check out a House Show with Myla Smith & special guests The Harmaleighs, go to Spillit Story Slam: Mothers, spend the evening at Time Warp Drive-In: GODS & MAGIC, cheer on MCFC at Memphis City FC vs Asheville City SC, go to Frame Traps: A Street Fighter Exhibition, Opera Memphis 60th Anniversary Party, or see Masterworks 6 – An American in Paris
- 9pm – See The Love Light Orchestra at Loflin Yard or Noise Brigade // Indeed, We Digress// The Wreck-Its
- 10pm – Go to Soul In The City at CANVAS or see Marcella & Her Lovers at BAR DKDC