It’s another wonderful weekend in Memphis! Here are the five things to do that you won’t want to miss in the Bluff City.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
Here’s your weekend guide:
1. Memphis Flyer Burger Week, various locations, through July 16th, $5.99 + tax, all ages/kid-friendly
Twenty-three local burger restaurants are participating in a week full of cheap burger specials during lunch and dinner. This goes all weekend and through next Tuesday. See the list here.
2. Memphis Redbirds v. Oklahoma City, AutoZone Park, Thursday – Sunday, prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
The Redbirds are at home this weekend, with Throwback Thursday Chicks jerseys, all-you-can-eat ribs speciality tickets on Friday, fireworks on Saturday, and free ice cream for kids on Sunday.
3. Anime Blues Con, Cook Convention Center, Friday – Sunday, times vary each day, $20-$55, all ages This annual event for all ages celebrates the arts and culture of anime, comics, and cosplay. Expect vendors, panels, cosplay contests, and much more.
4. Soulin on the River, Mud Island river Park, Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free (pay to park), all ages/kid-friendly
Hang out at Mud Island River park and enjoy music from local band Black Cream. It’s free to enter, gates open at 6 p.m. and the music starts at 7 p.m. Bring your kids, leashed dogs, picnics, blankets, and chairs. You can pay to park in the adjacent lot (do this if you use a wheelchair or stroller) or ride a bike or scooter from downtown.
5. Sunset Jazz Show, Court Square, Sunday, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
The Jeremy Shrader Quartet with special guest Michelle Bush Shrader performs at Court Square downtown this Sunday evening, with free admission, food trucks, and some seating available. Feel free to bring your own chairs, blankets, and snacks, too.