With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, August 5th
- 12pm – Start the weekend early with Food Truck Friday at the Dixon
- 3pm – Get some sweet new gear at our Choose901 Pop Up Shop!
- 6pm – Stop by First Fridays on Broad (make sure to see the Neon Memphis show, 901 of a Kind’s grand opening, Summer Daze Pop-Up!, and Falling Into Place’s 1 Year Anniversary on your way to see Carolyn Pollan’s “A gentle Memphis” , the FISH gallery, and The Moonpie Project presents Jacob Berkowitz, orwatch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics at the Rec Room
- 7pm – See the first screening of Cru at the brand new Baobab Filmhouse
- 8pm – Play Cerrito Bingo at Memphis Made Brewery
- 9pm – Check out the Out Loud Comedy Showcase
- 10:30pm – Enjoy live music by the Mighty Souls Brass Band at Bar DKDC or Brennan Villines at Lafayette’s
- 11:45pm – See Night Shift Presents, Weightless: The Musical
Sunday, August 7th
- 11am – Enjoy brunch and live music at Lafayette’s or play Disney Trivia Brunch at Bleu
- 3pm – Stop by the Official Black Lives Matter Memphis Chapter Interest Meeting
- 4pm – Take the family to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens on the big screen at the Pink Palace
- 6pm – Challenge your friends to Pokemon GO – Battle For Broad or enjoy dinner and live music at Loflin Yard or Huey’s